Subtitle Advancing in Photography
I started more serious photography with the Canon AE-1 about thirty years ago. Even before that, I had one of those pocket cameras with the drop in film cartridge. That documented my three week trip through Denmark, Sweden and Norway – where I attended the Boy Scout International Jamboree.
With the AE-1, I had the full package of flash, lenses and PASM. Lazily, I over-relied on P. Film developing costs were always a restrictive.
Digital has cured all those woes. I am now on my fifth digital camera, settling on the Nikon D300. This camrea requires a PhD to tap it’s deep reservoir of strengths and capabilities. I’m still learning.
My advances over the past year have been.
1. E-Published – my picture of Edinburgh castle taken from the Scott Monument.
2. Informally sold a set of my cardinal pictures. That was a nice boost and nudge.
So, what’s next.
3. I have a picture competing in the D300 Challenge group on Flickr – theme Cold.
4. This week’s D300 challenge theme is ISO 3200. Will be posting to that challenge as well with a nice picture of Zeus OS.
5. To get print published. I will be submitting photos to a local weekly newspaper for inclusion on their cover. The deal here is that the picture has to be in portrait mode, either taken or cropped.
Then what? Investigate and select a site to post my pictures for sale. There are several available.